Location: Vryburg, ZA
Teller/Enquiries Consultant – Req 114039
22 January 2022
Sales and Services
Manage Self: Technical
To create a unique client experience by attending to enquiries and teller related transactions, client queries, banking requirements, the needs of clients and refer cross sell opportunities while mitigating risk and contribute to branch objectives.
- Authenticate clients and transactions.
- Prevent fraud, risks and losses.
- Mitigate risks and meet legislative requirements.
- Provide client service and meet identified client needs.
- Issue VISA application letters based on client requests.
- Comply with risk standards and take corrective action.
- Minimise losses and ensure corrective action is taken as per procedure and policy.
- Balance and secure branch stock holding.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems.
- Act as brand ambassador.
- Add value to Nedbank by supporting the implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
- Deliver on identified client needs and requirements.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Educate and converse with clients by informing them of alternative self-service channels that will be cost effective, time saving and convenient.
- Create synergetic internal relationships.
- Identify quality sales leads and enable cross-selling (without advising).
- Meet client information needs and facilitate the processing of sales.
- Ensure client service and avoid destruction of aged stock and costs associated with reprinting and issuing.
- Reach individual and branch usage (touch points) targets.
- Remain current and stay abreast of Nedbank risk and compliance requirements.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Ensure knowledge management, continuity, team success and that information is provided in the correct way to stakeholders.
Minimum Experience Level
Preferable 6 – 12 months client service experience in a financial industry or bank teller experience.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Business Relevant Certificate or Diploma or Institute of Banking.
Type of Exposure
- Answering client questions
- Interacting with external customers
- Changing behaviour to meet the demands of changes at work
- Managing client expectations
- Interacting with diverse people
- Performing teller transactions
- Adjusting to a new work process
- Performing Foreign Exchange teller transactions
- Reconciliation cash and stock balances on hand
- Working with clients to solve client problems
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Customer service principles
- Relevant product knowledge
- Branch processes and procedures
- Branch service offerings
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Cluster specific operations
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Applied Learning
- Managing Work
- Stress Tolerance
- Quality Orientation
Preference will be given to candidates from the underrepresented groups
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566